Prepare traditional potato pancakes with fresh mushrooms! Sauté the mushrooms with onions and garlic, then serve them with potato pancakes and sour cream or tartar sauce!
- 300g fresh mushrooms (such as Champignon or brown mushrooms), sliced
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g potato pancakes (ready-made or homemade)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- sour cream or tartar sauce for serving
- fresh parsley for garnish
Heat a pan over medium heat, then add the olive oil. Sauté the chopped onions for a few minutes until they become soft.
Add the crushed garlic and sliced mushrooms in the pan. Cook the mushrooms and garlic over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are browned and tender, that’ll be approximately 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
While the mushrooms are cooking, prepare the potato pancakes. If using ready-made potato pancakes, heat it according to the package instructions. If making homemade potato pancakes, prepare it using your preferred method.
When ready to serve, place the sautéed mushrooms on top of the potato pancakes. Drizzle with sour cream or serve with tartar sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley.